Earning your Open Water Certification is as easy as 1-2-3.
- Sign up for and complete the eLearning portion of the class. This is a web-based training program which allows students to learn at their own pace and on their own schedule. I am always available to answer any questions. If you prefer to learn in a traditional classroom setting, or on a tablet, that can be arranged as well.
- Complete all five confined water dives. This can be done in as few as two and as much as four pool sessions depending on the class skill and learning rate.
- Complete the four open water dives.
Cost & Schedule
Cost: eLearning $190, Confined Water $190 (includes scuba gear use, does not include pool use fee paid prior to each pool session and varies depending on where classes are held), Open Water $150 + Equipment Rental.
eLearning can start anytime and is completed on your own schedule. Two versions are available: online and Touch for tablets. Cost is $190. If you prefer to learn in a classroom setting, this can be arranged. Please do not go directly to the PADI site to register for the eLearning. This causes technical issues that reduce my ability to assist you if needed.
Confined Water Classes are scheduled with our students in mind. We keep most of our class sizes small (4-6, with a maximum of 8 students) which often allow us to finish in two pool sessions. However, your skill development and comfort is most important, so additional sessions can be added if needed. If these dates don’t work for you, give us a call and we’ll work something out. We do have some Friday dates available. Cost is $190 and includes all scuba equipment. There may be an additional pool fee, but that will depend on where the classes are held. Students should have their own mask, snorkel, fins, and booties. If you don’t have them, we can arrange a package deal for you.
- Saturday/Sunday, June 15 & 16, 2019 (currently being rescheduled due to pool availability)
- Saturday/Sunday, August 24 & 25, 2019
Open Water checkout dives are conducted in the 1,000 Islands once the water warms up a bit. Current dates are as follows. Cost is $150 plus equipment. Dates are subject to change
- Saturday/Sunday, July 20 & 21, 2019
- Saturday/Sunday, September 7 & 8, 2019
To Sign Up: Click here to go to the contact us form and send us a message, or call/Text 315-796-8216.